Receptionist for the Office of Multicultural Student Development
This position acts as the primary receptionist for the Office of Multicultural Student Development. Office Assistants are responsible for the collection of quantitative assessment data (number of people who walk through the door and what service they are in need of) and work closely with MSD staff, G.A.’s and Club Officers assisting with program logistics and administrative tasks. These include but are not limited to making copies, fax, scan and prepare documents, data entry, filing, cleaning, checking out equipment and materials and other duties as assigned.
- Office Assistants may work up to 7 hours in a week and no more than 20 per pay period.
- Office assistants are expected to remain at the front desk during their shift.
- Upon leaving the work desk, you must not consider that as work hours.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Meet and greet all visitors to the office and assist/direct them to appropriate staff or resources.
- Answer telephones in a professional manner, taking messages, forwarding calls, and direct individuals to the relevant personnel that can address their needs.
- Review the departmental email account (email@example.com, see the password on the desk) during each of your shifts and direct inquiries to the appropriate staff member, if you are unable to do the required task).
- Operate office equipment such as copier fax, shredder, staplers, tape dispenser, etc. In order to assist staff, cultural organizations graduate assistants and volunteers.
- Coordinate the checking out of equipment and resources with staff, volunteers, and other personnel in order to maintain accountability.
- Maintain database for assessment data.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of workstation, reception area, kitchenette (including refrigerator) and supply closet.
- Other related duties are as assigned or requested by staff members of the office.
Qualifications for Hire
- Possess a good clear speaking voice to answer incoming phone calls.
- Possess good/clear handwriting skills to record messages, taking notes, marking/labeling items, and recording items directed by the staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to follow a list of duties as well as take on unexpected tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to adhere to flexible requests during working hours.
- Must possess an exceptional can do attitude that is in accordance with the requirements with the overall job description.
Condition of Employment
- The accepted candidate will be notified of their position and be required to adhere to the following:
- Attend a mandatory training session for the position.
- Participate and attend mandatory evaluation set for by the supervisor.
- Clock-in on time or at most 5 minutes beforehand.
- Submit timesheets to the supervisor before the due date and time.
- Remain present at the front desk until the shift has been completed.
- Adhere to the Front Desk Manual.